Blogger Widgets

6/3/13

Bais City Dolphin Watching

Hi there you guys! It has been long since I left this page. I have a lot going on lately, and it's pretty much handful. I know it is not an excuse, but God knows how many times I tried to open this page and tried posting. I just couldn't find the right words, or perhaps I just don't know where to start. Hmmp! Well to start off, I have this huling-hirit-sa-tag-init post in my draft. I finally got to experience Bais City's dolphin watching. FYI Bais City is a city next to our city- not Dumaguete but Tanjay City; my birthplace or my place of origin. That last statement sounds silly!

We started sailing around 6:00 AM
Let me share some of the amazing facts of Bais City. This city is a third class city located on the northern part of Negros Oriental which is 35.83 Kilometers away from Dumaguete City. Probably 1 hour and 15 minutes by land travel. It is but recognizable that you are nearing this city when you reach the boundary, because this city has a high spanish influence. Most of the houses and establishment's structure would testify it. The wide vast of sugarcane plantation would welcome you, so in this city hacienderas and hacienderos are not such an alien word.

This steel-train tells you you are crossing Bais City. This is also the landmark of Central Azucarera de Bais (CAB)- a sugar mill established by Tabacalera of Spain in the early 1900's. Photo credits to: www2.ttcn.ne.jp
I always have this plan since college to experience the Dolphin Watching, but I haven't got the time, no I mean no one ever invited me. Boo right? Anyway, I always have this feeling that I can get there anytime though, it's just a 15 minute ride from home, right? I never thought it would take years to have this task crashed out of my bucket list!!

Rent: P4500 Capacity: 25
The back portion of the pump boat is actually the grilling area. It is like a pump boat/cottage.
With my SFC peeps.
From left: Arlyn, Diane, Eddie, Me, and Ate Bocks.
From left: Cathy, Dean, Jhulem, and Kurt
This is my second dolphin watching experience. You can check out my first Dolphin experience (here). I was hoping it would be different, but it wasn't unfortunately. We are like chasing them. The only difference is the quantity- they are just so many in this part of the sea, and that they come really near the watchers like they are reachable. They swift through the water gracefully really fast. They are really wonderful creatures don't get me wrong, but it's just so tiring to go after them all the time. I guess their elusiveness is what makes them beautiful and wanted.

There you go. So hard to take photos of these fellas.
This is the most decent photo that we got.
I intend to cut this post short, just so I have the reason to post the next stop. For everyone who continuously gives me traffic despite my shortcomings, thank you so much! I would do my best to be online and visit your page as well. I would just wanted say opps-I-miss May, but it would not happen on June. Till my next post...xoxo!


47 comments:

  1. natutuwa talaga ako sa mga travel blogs ni'yo nina phioxee.. sa katulad kong wala nang masyadong time para makapaglibot pa, nakakatulong kayo para kahit papaano, maramdaman din namin 'yung sarap sa pagta-travel (through your experiences written in your posts).. sa pamamagitan nga nito, para na rin kaming nakalibot, and this time, sa bais city naman.. hehehe..

    ipagpatuloy lang..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo naman po...we will take you to those places sa pamamagitan netong blog...:)

      Delete
    2. Ganyan talaga kapag busy na wala ng time para mag travel and to write travel blog. But when I see blog like this, I want to go back to the time that I am always available to travel. Nice post Chickturistanextdoor

      Delete
  2. i'm starting to get busy too...di rin ako gaanong nakakapag-update sa 'king blog..Anyway, what a nice trip! Sarap panuorin ng mga dolphins! Ok talaga ang adventures nyo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huwaw Ate Grah, ang swerte mo naman... gustong gusto ko din maka experience ng Dolphin watching. Ang sarap pagmasdan ang mga gentle sea creatures na ito :)

    Nice shots btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup...nakaka aliw sila...exciting ung trip...:)

      Delete
  4. I am wondering why it is called third class city. I like dolphin watching and the thrill comes when they are teasing you, now you see them now you don't. Love the dolphin pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tama po...its tiresome at times din po pero ag cu-cute talaga nila.

      Delete
  5. I love dolphins <3 <3 I wish I could spot them like that! The old locomotive looks neat :)
    x,
    LaraLizard

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice reading updates from you again:) Nice place in the Philippines:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to Dumaguete in a few months. Hope I'll get to see this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure na sure yan...PM me or Phioxee...:) twin ko un eh...hehe

      Delete
  8. im 32 at di pa ako nakakita ng dolphin my goodness im missing a lot!
    nice pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wala ka bang nakitang mermaids? dami lumilitaw daw ngayon eh. friends sila ng dolphins. hehehe.

    teka, nakita ko yung comment mo about phioxee. oo nga kala ko dati iisang tao kayo. hahaha. para kayong twins, pareho kasing masarap ang gala nyo. parehong masaya ang laman ng blogs nyo, nakakainggit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wala pong mermaids...unfortunately.

      Hindi lang ikaw ang nalilito sa amin..hehehe

      Delete
  10. ayy sarap naman nyan! ang cucute ng dolphin ee!
    i'm sure nagtatatalon yan dahil nakita ka nila!
    ang isa sa reyna ng katubigan haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...sayang nga lang mecoybdi sila mahawakan.....ang bilis...sana maka panood aq someday ng dolphin show....hehe

      Delete
  11. Ang galing, isang magandang experience.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ayan may kasama ako sa short comings ko..lol.. late ka din mag post.. atleast dalawa tayo.. never liked the sea..sunset oo, pero di dolphon.. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  13. huli kong pakakita ng dolphin ay ng sumakay ako ng supercat papunta ng cebu..matagal na rin..

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes, you miss MAY, and we miss you too. i envy those dolphin shots indai. never got the chance to catch one. even a snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost gave up indai....kapoi lanat nila man...huhu

      Delete
    2. we tried to feed them just to get a snapshot

      Delete
  15. Gusto ko rin makakita nang Dolphins! At ang sarap nong iniihaw! Kakagutom! See you... pupuntahan kita dya hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sa boatman ung isda kuya mar....pero pwede siguro tayo humingi for you....hehe mag sabi ka lang...gagawan kita ng kape....hehehe

      Delete
    2. naks. wag mo bigyan ng dolphin yan, iihawin nya lang yan. Hahaha!

      Delete
  16. I love to watch dolphins... and manatees. There are places here where you can get into the water and swim with them. Can you do that there too? Not that I've ever done it. Maybe some day...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, amazing photos! You are so lucky to see dolphins! It would be a dream come true for me to see them in the wild!
    x Hayley-Eszti

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very classic and vintage-like yung steel train. ;)

    Nakakatuwa yung mga dolphins. Parang nagsho-show sila kahit walang trainer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sa tv & pics pa lang ako nakakita ng dolphin, sana someday I could experience it too, dolphin-watching that is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ganda ng pics :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow lang, at least hindi ka dayuhan sa sarili mong bayan/ unlike my case. HEHE

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi! want to join your blogroll if naa pai space. will link you back. thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been to Bais several times but never really got the chance to do whale watching say would you like to follow each other? just let me know on my blog hugs =)http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Selina



    i am Montoya Jazhel from the philiphines ,i was in a big problem in my marital life so i read your testimony on how Dr Ikhide help you get your husband back and i said i will give it a try and i contacted the Dr Ikhide to help me and he promised to help me get my problem solved. now am so happy with my life because all my problems are over. Thanks to the great Dr Ikhide for the help and Thanks to you Selina.

    You can reach him with this email:- dr.ikhide@gmail.com and i promise he will not disappoint you.



    I AM SO HAPPY…… remember here is his email:- dr.ikhide@gmail.com




















    Hi Selina



    i am Montoya Jazhel from the philiphines ,i was in a big problem in my marital life so i read your testimony on how Dr Ikhide help you get your husband back and i said i will give it a try and i contacted the Dr Ikhide to help me and he promised to help me get my problem solved. now am so happy with my life because all my problems are over. Thanks to the great Dr Ikhide for the help and Thanks to you Selina.

    You can reach him with this email:- dr.ikhide@gmail.com and i promise he will not disappoint you.



    I AM SO HAPPY…… remember here is his email:- dr.ikhide@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comment means the world to me! Thank you so much!